Superintendent Search Updates
Keeneyville Elementary School District 20's Superintendent Search Information
- Click here to review results from the Superintendent Search survey that was conducted from January 22-28.
- Haga clic aqui para ver los resultados de la encuesta sobre la busqueda del Superintendente que se llevo acabo el 22 - 28 de enero.
- To date, there are over 49 candidates that have expressed interest in this position.
- Future updates will be posted as they become available.
Tentative Superintendent Search Timeline:
February 22 Board Meeting:
- BWP & Associates* will present a slate of qualified candidates to the Keeneyville Elementary School District 20 Board of Education.
Week of February 26:
- The Keeneyville Elementary District 20 Board of Education will interview candidates.
Week of March 5:
- The Keeneyville Elementary District 20 Board of Education will conduct finalist interviews.
- The goal is to name the new Superintendent at the March 22, 2018 Board meeting. Many factors may alter this date including weather related cancelations and scheduling conflicts.
Superintendent Search Background Information
- On Thursday, December 14, Dr. Michael Connolly submitted his letter of resignation to the Keeneyville Elementary School District 20 Board of Education after he was named Superintendent for Wheeling Community Conoslidated District 21. Dr. Connolly will remain in his position until June 30, 2018. Please click here to read a letter from School Board President, Heather Weishaar and click here for a letter from Dr. Connolly.
- On Monday, December 18, the Keeneyville Elementary School District 20 Board of Education held a special meeting to interview Executive Search Firms to conduct the search for the next superintendent.
- *Thursday, December 21, the Keeneyville Elementary School District 20 voted unanimously to hire BWP & Associates to lead the candidate search for the next superintendent of Keeneyville Elementary School District 20.
- BWP, using a third party group, conducted a survey to gather information to help guide the search. A link was provided in English and Spanish on the District 20 website and shared on Twitter, Facebook and the District 20 e-newsletter. Parents, students, staff members and residents living in the District 20 attendance area were encouraged to complete the survey.
- On January 22, representatives from BWP met with the Keeneyville Education Association (KEA) and District 20 administrators to collect information on the qualities and skills necessary to lead District 20.