PERA Information and Communications
PERA or the Performance Evaluation Reform Act was a bill passed and signed into law in January 2010. Beginning in 2012, several major changes to the Principal/Assistant Principal and Teacher Evaluation Systems were enacted as a result of this law. District 20 has met the 2012 requirements of the law with the adoption of a new Principal/AP and Teacher Evaluation system that took effect in the 2012-2013 school year.
District 20 is now actively working to meet the next requirement of the law, beginning with the 2016-2017 school year that will require data and indicators of student growth be included as a "significant factor" in the evaluation of teachers.
The PERA Planning Committee began its work during the summer of 2015 and is designing the proposed process for including data and student growth in our evaluation system. The planning committee will continue its work throughout the fall of 2015.
On November 1, 2015, by law, District 20 will convene its PERA Joint Committee. The Joint Committee will consider the work completed by the PERA Planning Committee and will make determinations what the student growth portion of the evaluation system will entail and how it will be implemented starting with the 2016-2017 school year.
Throughout the 2015-2016 school year, this web page will act as a central location for teachers to view documents, presentations, updates from the planning and joint committees, and FAQ's regarding the student growth process.
Check back frequently for updates and new information.
Keeneyville District 20
PERA Process Core Beliefs
- We believe that the the process should be consistent, shared, and collaborative based on trust, openness, and mutual respect.
- We believe that the goal of the process is to improve teacher practice supported by targeted professional development.
- We believe that the purpose of student growth data is to inform instruction and support learning.
- We believe that our success will rely on quality communication, teacher input, established timelines, and a clear understanding of the process.
- We believe the process recognizes that each teacher has different needs and serves different students. Goal setting, professional development, and instructional support must be differentiated to meet those needs.
Keeneyville District 20
PERA Planning Committee Group Norms
All members will:
- Work collaboratively as a team
- Use consensus process to solve problems and make decisions (dialogue not debate).
- Revisit group norms to ensure being honored.
- Act respectfully
- Honor meeting start, break, and ending times.
- Use technology respectfully.
- Listen Actively
- Be actively engaged, focused, and present for teamwork.
- Commit to a common goal and core values.
- Keep an open mind.
- Communicate effectively.
- Post minutes and agendas prior to meetings.
- Summarize work at the end of each meeting (talking points)
- Share products not process (confidentiality).
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points January 22, 2018
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points November 6, 2017
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points September 25, 2017
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points March 13, 2017
PERA Q and A Google Group
PERA Glossary of Terms
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points April 19, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes March 8, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points March 8, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes February 9, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points February 9, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes January 12, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points January 12, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes December 3, 2016
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points December 3, 2015
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes November 5, 2015
PERA Joint Committee Talking Points November 5, 2015
PERA Joint Committee Meeting Minutes October 29, 2015
PERA Joint Committee Membership List
PERA Professional Development Map
October 2015 Talking Points from the PERA Team
September 2015 Talking Points from the PERA Team
ISBE Talking Points - How New Teacher Evaluations Will Incorporate Student Growth and Support Improved Instruction
District 20 PERA Planning Committee and Assessment Literacy Presentation- August 18, 2015
Keeneyville School District 20
5540 Arlington Drive E
Hanover Park, IL 60133
Phone Number (630) 894-2250