Mission and Vision Statements
Our mission is to provide a quality education to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prepare each student for academic success.
Our vision is:
- That each student in District 20 will meet or exceed their individual
. Each student in District 20 will have an individualized learning continuum
that follows them throughout their District 20 learning experience.
. For each student performing below grade level, their individualized
learning continuum will help them achieve grade level.
- That each member of the District 20 learning community will support the
tenet that all children can and will learn.
- That students and staff will treat each other with respect and tolerance,
and will appreciate diversity while celebrating our American heritage.
- That students and teachers will be technologically competent individuals
who access and use technology to maximize the effectiveness of instruction
. For teachers, that means using available technology to help teach
students and facilitate their learning;
. For students, that means using available technology to access,
analyze, and apply content while mastering the skills needed to continue
to use technology to learn.
- District 20 will be recognized for excellence in education.
- The District's curriculum will ensure that students master the skills
necessary to be ready for high school.