District 20 History
On October 4, 1887, Lake Street School District 20 opened a one room schoolhouse with nine students. Over the next one hundred and twenty-one years, the District changed its name, expanded to include four villages and added facilities to accommodate student growth.
Today, with over 1,500 students and a teaching staff of 115, Keeneyville Elementary School District 20 is the largest sending district to Lake Park High School District 108 and serves the residents of Bloomingdale, Hanover Park, Keeneyville and Roselle.
Ignite the power and potential of each student
- All students have unique strengths and talents and excel in a rigorous, supportive environment
- Students learn best in a safe, secure and respectful atmosphere
- Our diversity enhances student learning and life experiences
- Partnerships among school, home and community are essential to success
- District resources must be managed responsively and efficiently
- Student growth is ignited by inspiring passion, uncovering knowledge and developing personal relationships