This month, the Board recognized 16 students in grades 4-8 by presenting them each with a Student Ignite Award. It was wonderful to see so many families and friends attend the meeting to support and recognize the hard work of our students!
view picture slideshow below, please click the arrows to the right/left
District 20's Psychologist, Anthony Adamowski, was recognized with a Board Salute for his committment and hard work in supporting our students across the district. Anthony works tirelessly, travelling back and forth from school to school, always with a smile on his face. The District is very blessed to have such a caring and passionate person to support the mental health of our students and staff!
- Board's President Report was shared, including reporting from the Board Self-Monitoring Report, Wellness Committee, Teaching and Learning, Climate and Culture, School Community Engagement, and Finance and Facilities.
- The Board approved consent agenda items including the approval of routine financial and personnel reports.
- The Board also approved the Law Enforcement Portal Agreement to allow administrators access to the State of Illinois Police Portal for data entry, as needed.
- The Board approved SASED Board of Control Resolution Approving Proposed Amendments to the SASED Articles of Joint Agreement.
- Dr. Castillo thanked the Board of Education for their continued support of the District 20 Staffing Plan for 2023-2024, which was presented and approved at the March 14, 2023 Finance & Facilities Committee of the Whole Meeting. With the forward-looking planning the district has done for the last for years, we were able to avoid a Reduction in Force (RIF) again this year.
- April 10 will be a non-attendance day for students and staff because we have not needed to utilize an emergency day this year.
- Administrator Written Reports were submitted to the Board, but there were not any verbal reports from the Administrators at the meeting this month.
- Wednesday, April 12 - Kindergarten Round-Up @ GB & WB 6-7pm
- Thursday, April 13 - Kindergarten & ECC Registration Opens
- Thursday, April 27 - Board of Education Regular Meeting @ SW Innovation Center - 7pm
- Monday, May 1 - Grades 1-8 Registration Opens
- Monday, May 1 - Summer School Registration Opens
- Tuesday, May 9 - District Registration Open House @ SW Commons 4-7pm
- Tuesday, May 23 - Newcomer Registration Open House & Summer Kick-Off @ SW Commons 4-7pm