The Keeneyville District 20 Strategic Plan for 2023-2026 was presented to the Board at the August meeting. The Strategic Plan was created with input and discussion of a large group of stakeholders that met in January 2023, including students, staff, administrators, community members and leaders. Following the public forum, administrators and board members worked together to develop the three year Future Focused Strategic Direction for the district.
During the board presentation, Dr. Castillo, Superintendent, reviewed What Inspires Us, Why We Exist and What We Believe In. In addition, members of the Administrative Leadership Team (ALT) presented the four focus areas of the plan, along with the goals and subgoals for each area:
- Teaching and Learning
- Climate and Culture
- School Community Engagement
- Finance and Facilities
We encourage staff and our community to view the board presentation video and the presentation document (right side).
- The Board approved consent agenda items including routine financial and personnel reports. Other consent agenda items included the following items: staff perfect attendance for 2022-23 and the inter-governmental agreement with Hanover Park Park District for before and after school care for 2023-24.
- The board approved several additional items, including the 2023-24 Parent-Student Handbook, the Fiscal Year 2024 Budget, the tentative 2023 Tax Levy, and employment contracts. The board also approved tuition reimbursements requested by staff for the 2022-23 school year.
- The Board President's Report included the report from the Finance & Facilities Committee, which met earlier in the week to review maintenance and construction projects completed over the summer, as well as summer 2024 construction projects. The Committee also reviewed the fiscal year 2023 year-end financials, which ended with a fund balance of $21 million, approximately 325 cash on hand, and discussed the 2024 budget, tentative 2023 tax levy, and committee meeting schedule.
- The Financial Dashboard, Final FY 2024 Budget and Tentative Tax Levy were presented to the Board.
- The Superintendent's Report to the Board included the following:
- The Administrative Leadership Team (ALT) participated in our annual Administrator "Boot Camp" Retreat in early August to team build and plan for the coming school year.
- The district-wide Back to School Fest is being held on Monday, August 14 at Spring Wood.
- First day of school is Wednesday, August 16 for Grades 1-8, and Monday, August 21 for Kindergarten. Dr. Castillo will take his annual bus ride on the first day of school.
- No other reports from other administrators were presented at the meeting, but written reports were submitted to the Board.
- Monday, August 14 - Back to School Fest 5:30-7:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 15 - Teacher Institute Day
- Wednesday, August 16 - First Day of School (Grades 1st - 8th grade)
- Thursday, August 17 - Preschool Screening
- Friday, August 18 - 1st Day of Preschool
- Monday, August 21 - First Day of Kindergarten (Full Day)
- Monday, August 28 - WB Picture Day
- Tuesday, August 29 - GB Curriculum Night 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, August 31 - WB Curriculum Night 5:30-7:00 PM
- Friday, September 1 - No School - Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, September 4 - No School - Labor Day
- Thursday, September 21 - Board of Education Regular Meeting @ 7:00 PM - Spring Wood Innovation Center