Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have compiled questions/concerns that we have received and provided responses in the following FAQs. Please note that the ESD20 Return to Learn Plan and the responses below are based on current guidance that we have received from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and DuPage County Health Department (DCHD). We will update the FAQs as needed if we receive additional or updated guidance.
For Technology Questions:
- Please also visit ESD20 Technology Tutorials to help Students and Families with getting started!
- If you are experiencing problems with Google Classroom, Zoom, or Seesaw, please contact your teacher directly. Please note that s/he may be teaching a class when you call or email, but s/he will respond to you as soon as possible. For immediate help, please contact your school office.
- For all other technology-related questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For All other Questions:
- When is the first day of school?
- What will school hours be this fall?
- When will my child receive their teacher assignment and class schedule?
- How will school supplies be handled this Fall during remote learning?
- What will Remote Classes look like this Fall?
- How will Enhanced Remote Learning be different that remote learning this past spring?
- Will my child receive his/her interventions?
- What if my child is in enrichment class?
- What if my child has an IEP?
- What if my child is in a self-contained classroom (Destiny)?
- Will there be before and after school programs this fall?
- Will we have sports or after school activities this fall?
- Will students have band?
- How will the District communicate with families?
- How should my student communicate with his or her teacher?
- What should I do if my child is sick or unable to participate during a Remote Learning Day?
- What should I do if my student does not have access to the internet? UPDATED 9/1/2020
- What should I do if my student is unable to log-on to his or her Chromebook or to one of the digital platforms?
- Fees for Technology Repairs + Lost Items
- What should I do if my student's Keyboard or Touchpad is not working?
- What should I do if I believe my student's Chromebook is broken?
- What is Seesaw? How can I help my child to use Seesaw?
- What if my child is unable to access Seesaw?
- What if my child's microphone is not working on Seesaw?
- What is Google Classroom? How can I help my child to use Google Classroom?
- What is Zoom? How can I help my child to use Zoom?
- What if my child is having trouble accessing YouTube videos linked by the teacher?