Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The health and safety of District 20 students, families and staff remains a priority for us. Return to School looks very different this year as we work to meet state and local guidelines and keep your child safe during the pandemic. We recognize that there are many new practices for all of us, and we will be working with our students and staff to ease that transition back to in-person learning. Signs will be posted throughout school buildings, reminding everyone of our new requirements. Teachers will also spend time instructing students on these new school norms.
The District's health and safety procedures and practices are based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and DuPage County Health Department (DCHD) current guidelines. We will update information as we receive new or different information from these agencies.
We ask that our staff, students, families, and community members adhere to these guidelines as we all do our part to stay healthy. We will get through this challenging time together.
- What do I do if my child has COVID-19 EXPOSURE, SYMPTOMS, or POSITIVE TEST? UPDATED 10/28
- Do I need to quarantine OTHER HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS if one of my children is symptomatic or tests positive? UPDATED 10/28
- What if ANOTHER STUDENT or TEACHER has COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test?
- How will I know if my child was a CLOSE CONTACT to a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- When will the AM/PM Schedule + Hybrid in-Person Learning Start? UPDATED 10/13
- Can I change my child's AM/PM Assignment? UPDATED 10/13
- What are the TIMES for AM/PM Hybrid Learning? UPDATED 10/13
- Why an AM/PM Hybrid Learning Model?
- Can I change my mind about Hybrid In-Person vs. Remote Only Learning for my child? UPDATED 10/5
- Why is there a Trimester 2 commitment for opting out of in-person learning?
- What are the options if I am not comfortable with my child returning in-person?
- What will the AM/PM Schedule look like for HYBRID STUDENTS?
- What will the AM/PM Schedule look like for REMOTE ONLY students?
- What will my ELEMENTARY STUDENT be learning while in-person? And while remote?
- Example Elementary Hybrid AM/PM Schedule - UPDATED 10/5
- What will my MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT be learning while in-person? And while remote?
- Example Middle School Hybrid AM/PM Schedule - UPDATED 10/5
- School Lockers will not be used - UPDATED 10/2
- Log-in Help with New Clever Landing Page - UPDATED 10/13
- What if my child's Chromebook will not turn on?
- How will the District communicate with families?
- How should my student communicate with his or her teacher?
- What should I do if my child is sick or unable to participate during a Remote Learning Day?
- What should I do if my student does not have access to the internet? UPDATED 9/1/2020
- What should I do if my student is unable to log-on to his or her Chromebook or to one of the digital platforms?
- Fees for Technology Repairs + Lost Items
- What should I do if my student's Keyboard or Touchpad is not working?
- What should I do if I believe my student's Chromebook is broken?
- What is Seesaw? How can I help my child to use Seesaw?
- What if my child is unable to access Seesaw?
- What if my child's microphone is not working on Seesaw?
- What is Google Classroom? How can I help my child to use Google Classroom?
- What is Zoom? How can I help my child to use Zoom?
- What if my child is having trouble accessing YouTube videos linked by the teacher?